- Hits: 307
Last Wednesday tuning is Sept 23rd.
- Hits: 255
4th Martin 242 in the Kootenay Region
Anne Armstrong reported recently that Lane Romano of Sylvan Lake has moved his boat "Scrimshander" (Hull #34) to his summer home on Kootenay Lake, about 4.5 hours by boat from Nelson. He dropped in on the Gray Creek Regatta in Crawford Bay on September 5&6 and won 3 of the races he took part in. Lane is very interested in racing in some of the additional Kootenay-area events.
- Hits: 341
Sunday September 27
Kits Yacht Club Bell Buoy RaceIn the past couple of days KYC has decided to host its annual Bell Buoy Event (used to be the Lawrance Cup)
This is a one day event that is open to all Classes.
- The Start of the race is at noon at the KYC floating dock, then race to the Point Grey Bell Buoy and head back to the finish at KYC.
- Finish time limit is 5pm.
- (Note: although they have not specified if the Bell Buoy can be rounded in either direction, as in the past, the M242 Fleet should round "marks to Port" for safety reasons)
- No skipper meeting before the race.
- No registration needed.
- START will be between a mark* and the KYC dock.
- 5,4,1, start signals will be issued from the dock at noon.
- Clock your own finish time when the Kits dock is abeam. (Prefereably to starboard).
- The M242 Class has agreed to a maximum of 3 crew and the use of spinnakers.
*They say there will be no set start marking, so just be on the start line. There may be a red buoy or a flag: they will advise.
Tide Times for Vancouver: Sunday 27 September 2020
|Tide||Time (PDT)& Date||Height|
|High Tide||2:18 AM(Sun 27 September)||3.58 m(11.75 ft)|
|Low Tide||9:21 AM(Sun 27 September)||1.28 m(4.2 ft)|
|High Tide||4:39 PM(Sun 27 September)||4.49 m(14.73 ft)|
|Low Tide||10:50 PM(Sun 27 September)||2.79 m(9.15 ft)|
Powered by Tide-Forecast.com
Page 7 of 22